Thursday, October 28, 2010

The US National Government

      The U.S. National Government, in my thought, is a very good organization but lacks perfection. I admire the structure government has formed, however I feel as though there is some things the people have no say in. I mean it's weird to see a presidential candidate  tell the nation what they can change but takes years to change and sometimes never gets resolved. However, I do agree on how each state is represented. I feel that electoral votes is very reasonable due to the size of states. The U.S. National Government is very sturdy. It takes a lot to make changes to any policies that are made. We have followed an ancient history of "Founding Father's" documents. 
        In other words, all branches have certain tasks and measures to follow, even the president.                                                                                              
The National Government is made up of an executive, judicial, and legislative branches. Executive deals with the power of the president. Legislative deals with the Senate and House of Representatives. Judicial is appointed by the president and approved by the senate. All branches serves in different purposes. I feel that the National Government may be too powerful at times. Our defense act is sometimes unfair to the community as in whatever the authority says goes, but I find that some authority is handled wrong. In my mind, its many topics that may never be discussed that regular people may never know. It can be a good thing for people who don't want to know, however, it is good for the people to be acknowledged of all tasks the US come into. I believe the US Government has a remarkable amount of knowledge, but there is so many things that questions me in it being completely trustworthy.

1 comment:

  1. My colleague Derrick has done a fine job with his post on The US National Government. He has faith in our Government, but does not blindly follow them in to the dark; he questions some of their policies, but overall he supports them.
    For the most part I agree with my colleague, that it can take too long to resolve an issue. We have a very stable government compared to most nations, which is good and bad. Our government is slow to make changes, which makes it sturdy. I also agree that sometimes we have to little of a say in our government and the best way to fix that would be to change how we vote. This is where my colleague and I disagree; he supports the idea of electoral votes for the presidency, instead of just flat out going with the popular vote. I feel that if we chose the president by popular vote, then the individual person would have more say in who is president. With the way the system works now, a Democrats vote is worthless in a state that is a majority Republican and vice versa . On the other hand, I also agree with my colleague that we should for the most part stick with some old traditional ways. I like the fact that our government was made over two hundred years ago, and it still stands today. There are indeed some minor adjustments that should be made, but for the most part our government is sound.

    ReplyDelete